HPYC Policy Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Customer and Staff Safety
As has always been the case, the safety and security of our guests and staff remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus threat we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and disinfection protocols even more rigorous:
We have implemented the government’s recommendations for a safe working environment including additional cleaning, barriers, social distancing, the provision of PPE and staggered working hours.
We would like to share with you our four-step process
Our staff follow government guidelines to minimise the risk of spread of the virus and have all been issued with hand sanitiser, for use when they are not in a position to use soap and water, as well as disposable gloves, facemasks, visors and overalls.
- Anti-bacterial spray surface cleanser is available (subject to availability) on board each yacht for your use during your charter.
- In fine weather we will conduct the final paperwork procedures outside and in inclement conditions we will request that the number of customers entering our office is limited to one person at any given time.
- Video handovers and boat notes will be sent to you in advance of your charter and the final handover on the day will as far as possible be carried out on the pontoon. Our staff will be available to assist and support you in any way possible but will always follow our prescribed safety precautions.
- We will carry out external checks as soon as possible upon return of a yacht but will, where possible (i.e., where a yacht has not been immediately re-chartered) leave 72 hours between the return of a yacht, refuelling and carrying out internal return checks, to minimise risk to our staff. This may result in a slight delay in being able to confirm to you that the yacht has been returned in satisfactory condition and let know any fuel costs.
- Hired wet weather clothing will be “quarantined” for 72 hours before being made available for reuse.
- Pillows and tea towels are not currently being provided as part of your charter but are available for purchase as are sleeping bags and towels if required.
We have placed a poster on board each of our yachts to remind you and your crew of the guidelines regarding protecting yourself against Coronavirus.
Charter and Sailing School Course Flexibility
Given the current unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our booking policies to give you extra peace of mind. For bookings made until further notice:
- If you or your crew are affected by Coronavirus or by quarantine or border closures then you may rebook your charter or course to another date providing that the revised departure date is within 12 months of the original departure date. If the rescheduled booking is more expensive then the price difference will be due; otherwise the price will remain unchanged.
- For booking departure date changes made more than two weeks in advance of your original departure date, there will be no charge to rebook your charter to another date. For modifications within two weeks of departure, a £100 admin fee will be charged.
- Where a charter has been deferred we will request the balance to be payable in two equal stages, the first being half way between the original charter start date and the rescheduled charter start date, and the second being two weeks prior to the rescheduled charter start date.
- Should you choose to cancel your charter rather than defer it to a later date – although our booking terms state that the balance of your charter is due should you cancel your charter within two months of departure (or for any cancellation in the case of Seafin), we will not be enforcing this clause and would simply retain your charter deposit.